Office of Environmental Farming & Innovation
The mission of the Office of Environmental Farming & Innovation is to serve California by supporting agricultural production and incentivizing practices resulting in a net benefit for the environment through innovation, efficient management and science. For questions and to learn more, click below on specific programs and videos from previous grant awardees. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s New in OEFI:
- 9/11/2023 — The LEMER-RP is accepting full proposals (Phase 2) from applicants selected in Phase 1. Phase 2 will be open until 5:00 P.M. PT on Wednesday, November 1, 2023.
- 7/24/2023 — CDFA is accepting applications for the Organic Transition Pilot Program. The program will provide support to farmers and ranchers who prepare land for organic certification. The program is designed as a block grant to be administered through organizations that demonstrate the expertise and partnerships needed to accomplish the program's objectives.
- 6/29/2023 — CDFA is currently accepting grant applications for Healthy Soils Demonstration Program.
- 6/19/2023 — Application for Healthy Soils Block Grant Pilot Program and State Water Efficiency and Enhancement Program Block Grant Pilot Program is now closed. The solicitation application period was April 19, 2023 – June 19, 2023.
- 6/7/23 — CDFA Office of Pesticide Consultation and Analysis (OPCA) is now accepting applications for the Biologically Integrated Farming Systems (BIFS) grant program. Deadline for submission is 7/31/23 at 5 PM PT. RFP is available on the BIFS website.
Climate Smart Agriculture Videos
To be a trusted and valued resource for scientific analysis and support to stakeholders and state agencies in the development and implementation of economically viable agricultural practices that optimize environmental and public health.