Office of Pesticide Consultation and Analysis (OPCA) Conference 2022
OPCA provides consultation to the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) with a focus on the economic analysis of potential pesticide regulatory impacts and pest management alternatives that may mitigate impacts on production agriculture in California. OPCA also offers several grant programs to further biological alternatives to addressing pests in agricultural systems. OPCA is a program under the CDFA Office of Environmental Farming and Innovation.
- The conference will take place virtually on Zoom from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm on Tuesday, June 28, 2022
- California Department of Pesticide Regulation Continuing Education (CE) credits are available for 2.5 hrs. To receive the CE credits, you must register for the webinar and provide your PCA license number.
Introduction comments will be provided by Secretary Karen Ross, California Department of Food and Agriculture. The conference will provide an overview of the history of OPCA, what OPCA does, summaries of recent regulatory reports, and overviews of OPCA’s grant programs. The audience will hear from grant awardees on their OPCA grant-funded research projects, a panel on how research can be translated into practice, and from agricultural economists working with OPCA. There will be opportunities for questions, comments, and feedback throughout the meeting.
- Emily Zakowski, California Dept of Resources Recycling and Recovery
- Dr. Kevi Mace, Senior Environmental Scientist, CDFA
- Dr. Ian Grettenberger, University of California, Davis
- Hanna Kahl, Community Alliance with Family Farmers
- Dr. Michael Horak, Western Region IR-4 Program
- Dr. Brittany Goodrich, University of California, Davis
- Yanan Zheng, Doctoral Student in Agricultural Resource Economics, University of California, Davis
- Dr. Houston Wilson, University of California, Riverside
- Dr. Brian Gress, Senior Environmental Scientist, CDFA.
Please use the following link to register for the webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing a unique link for you, please use that link to join the meeting.
DPR Continuing Education (CE) Credit
In order to receive credit, you will need to submit your license number and contact information and get at least a 70% on a final exam.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com