Fairs & ExpositionsPhysical Address: 2399 Gateway Oaks Drive, Suite 210, Sacramento, CA 95833 • 916-999-3000 Mailing Address: 1220 N Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
The Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA), Fairs & Expositions (F&E), a Branch within the Division of Marketing Services, provides fiscal and policy oversight of the network of California fairs and ensures the best use of available funding and other services.
- AB 1499 Regulations Workshops
- 2019 Secretary Fair Season Welcome Letter
- 2019 State Rules
- 2017 DAA Cannabis Event Guidelines
- CalHR Supervisor Resource
- Supervisor Handbook
- DAA CEO Salary Increase PML
- Video Feature: Del Mar Fairgrounds “a Virtual Noah’s Ark”
A nationally broadcast news segment highlights the evacuation of 2,700 large animals to Del Mar Fairgrounds during California's 2007 wildfires.
- Fair Dates and Information
California’s 77 fairs are located throughout the Golden State from early spring to the fall of each year.
- Exhibits and Livestock Issues
Fairs & Expositions is responsible for the development and enforcement of the State Rules of California Fairs. The purpose of the these rules are to ensure educational and equitable competition; provide state-wide competition consistency; and maximize exhibitor and public safety.