Division of Measurement Standards (DMS)

6790 Florin Perkins Road Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95828  •  916-229-3000  •  cdfa.dms_Cannabis_wm@cdfa.ca.gov

Cannabis: Weights and Measures Considerations - RSA

Who can install and repair my weighing equipment?

A Registered Service Agency (RSA) can assist persons needing guidance in the selection of a type approved and suitable scale for cannabis. They will ensure the scale is suitable, accurate, and correct. They can install and place the scale into commercial use pending inspection by the county weights and measures official and may assist in the scale registration process.

Categories for cannabis may include one or more of the following device types:

You may search the list of RSAs at